Phone: 860-508-4380 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3/2015 – present Freelance content creation/strategy Remote
Content writer and strategist
- Ongoing brand content creation for Delta Air Lines, the University of Southern California, Earnest, Stash Invest and Varo
- Content strategy and creation, website and social media management for Attune Health
- Articles, profiles and infographic scripts for national clients including Farmers Insurance, University of Phoenix and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
12/2018 – 4/2019 Phase2 Technology Remote
Freelance senior copywriter
- Copywriting and strategy for Phase2’s client, the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Copywriting includes landing pages, detail pages, article pages, sitemap work and messaging frameworks
3/2015 – present Freelance writing/editing/producing New Orleans, Louisiana
- Features and breaking news for The Washington Post and RollingStone.com, and for ABC News and Al Jazeera America television networks
- Regular contributor for ESME.com
- Essays on childhood and parenting for The New York Times and Babble
8/2014 – 3/2015 Tulane University New Orleans, Louisiana
- Updated and managed editorial direction for the Office of Editorial and Creative Services, which includes Tulane magazine and the university’s daily news website, New Wave.
- Wrote and edited weekly stories for New Wave and long-form features for Tulane magazine.
7/2008 – 8/2014 ABC News New York, New York
Producer, “World News with Diane Sawyer”
Producer, ABC News.com
- From December 2010 to August 2014, produced domestic and international breaking news and feature stories for “World News with Diane Sawyer.” This included pitching stories and show content, original reporting, booking, site location, shooting video and stills, editing, writing and graphics management.
- Proficient in shooting with Sony HDV and Sony PMW 100/200 cameras as well as Nikon DSLRs for stills. Trained and experienced with Avid and a variety of content management systems.
- From July 2008 to November 2010, produced 5-10 original stories per week for ABCNews.com and the “Good Morning America” website.
- At ABCNews.com, managed and maintained the U.S. News page and was responsible for search engine optimization of stories and headlines, photos and related video content.
8/2005 – 7/2008 The Journal News Rockland County, New York
- Produced daily stories primarily on Rockland County government and politics as well as state and federal politics. Also produced numerous breaking news and feature stories on deadline.
- Wrote for three blogs and routinely appeared on camera to provide analyses on the newspaper’s stories as part of the company’s affiliation with a local cable station.
5/2002 – 8/2005 Journal Inquirer Manchester, Connecticut
- Beats included municipal reporting, feature writing and breaking news covering local government, police and fire, economic development and education.
1998-2002 Quinnipiac University Hamden, Connecticut
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Winner: Edward R. Murrow Award, Breaking News Coverage for “Tragedy at the Elementary School” 2013
- Winner: Peabody Award for “Superstorm Sandy” 2012
- Nominated: 35th Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards for “Direct Hit: Oklahoma Tornadoes” 2014
- Nominated: 34th Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards for “Tragedy at the Elementary School” and “Hidden America: Don’t Shoot I Want to Grow Up” 2013
- Content management systems for television, web and print
- AP Style
- Sony PDR DVCAM, Sony HDV, Sony PMW 100/200, DSLR